“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
General Information Edit
- MBT Mk2 is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description Edit
The M48 Patton was a medium tank named for the legendary general George S. Patton, who commanded the third and seventh U.S. armies during WWII. Compared to eariler American tanks, the M48 featured superior track links and a significantly lower hull that sloped in the front to deflect enemy shells. During the war in Vietnam, Pattons were used primarily in a fire-support role as the North Vietnamese had relatively few tanks. However, the M48's thick armor proved useful against enemy small-arms fire, landmines and rocket-propelled grenades.
A deep modernization of the M48 tank. Development of the prototype was started in 1957, and in 1959 the order for production of the first tank was placed with Chrysler. A total of 15,000 vehicles of four modifications were manufactured.
The M60 was the last U.S. main battle tank to utilize homogeneous steel armor for protection. It was also the last to feature an escape hatch under the hull. (The escape hatch was provided for the driver, whose top-side hatch could easily be blocked by the main gun. Access between the driver's compartment and the turret fighting compartment was also restricted, requiring that the turret be traversed to the rear).
In 1957, plans were laid in the US for a universal or all purpose tank. Fulfilling this requirement with an interim tank resulted to the M60 series, which largely resembles the M48 it was based on, but has significant differences. The M60 mounted a 105 mm M68 main gun with the bore evacuator mounted towards the middle of the tube, compared with the M48's 90 mm M41, which mounted the bore evacuator towards the end of the tube right after its T-shaped blast deflector. It also had a hull with a straight front slope whereas the M48's hull was rounded, had three support rollers per side to the M48's five, and had road wheels constructed from aluminum rather than steel, although the M48 wheels were often used as spare parts.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- MBT Mk2 has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- MBT Mk2 is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of MBT Mk2 and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your MBT Mk2 units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- MBT Mk2 would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the MBT Mk2 will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- MBT Mk2 is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- MBT Mk2 units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- It shares same visual as M48 patton made by USA.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|