“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
General Information Edit
- Main Battle Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description Edit
The development of main battle tank (MBT) rendered all other tank classes virtually obsolete. While previous tanks had more specialized capabilities, MBTs provided an ideal combination of mobility, protection and firepower. One of the best Cold War MBT designs was the British Centurion. Adopted by the armed forces of several nations, the Centurion saw action in Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and more. As with most modern tank, Centurion had a four-man crew consisting of a commander, a loader, a gunner and a driver.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Main Battle Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Main Battle Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Main Battle Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Main Battle Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Main Battle Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Main Battle Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Main Battle Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Main Battle Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- The Centurion Tank is the fourth level of Heavy Cavalry that is used by North European, Mediterranean, and Oriental nations.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|