“Crank it back and watch it fly. In peacetime you can use it to launch all kinds of stuff... most notable of course would be dead cows.”
“Fires high-flying explosive projectiles at your attackers, dealing area damage. Unable to enage targets at close range.”
Levels[edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
- The Mortar is a ranged weapon that delivers splash damage, hitting all units within the area of effect. It is not able to hit units that get close to it, as shown by the red circle when selected.
- The Mortar starts out as the Catapult at levels 1 - 3 and finally becomes the Mortar at level 4 and up.
- The Catapult is first available at the Iron Age.
- It is very effective against large numbers of low hit-point troops, such as Heavy Infantry and Ranged Infantry.
Defensive Strategies[edit | edit source]
- To create a nice "Kill Zone" put a Mortar 2-3 Blocks away from an Anti-Tank Gun. You could also include a Tower or a Machine Gun (Redoubt).
- Remember as these buildings need no access. You can encapsulate them within a Wall for extra defense with no Gate, unless you want to connect more buildings to the City Center via the Road for more City Center Hitpoints.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Quantity Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Classical Age||1 (2)|
|Medieval Age||2 (3)|
|Industrial Age||3 (4)|
|Cold War Age|
Level Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Level||Build Cost||Citizens Needed||Upgrade Time||Damage /Sec.||Range||HP||XP Reward||Age Unlocked|
|9||15,500,000||15d||161||9,880||4,935||Cold War Age|
|11||19,000,000||17d 12h||560?||24,150||5,175||Digital Age|
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 1: +20% Mortar attack
- Chapter 2: +10% Mortar health
- Chapter 3: +1 Additional Catapult/Mortar.
- Chapter 4: +10% Mortar health
- Chapter 5: Increase speed of fire by +10%.
- Mortar Damage: Increase 3% damage per each skill level researched. (10 Levels)
- Mortar Upgrade Cost: Reduce 2% upgrade cost per each skill level researched. (10 Levels)
- Mortar Hit-points: Increase 3% hit-points per each skill level researched. (10 Levels)
VIP Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Building Upgrade Resource Cost
- Level 9 : 5%
- Level 12 : 10%
- Level 15 : 15%
Parliament[edit | edit source]
Base Financing: Defense
- Reduce cost of Defense building upgrades by 3,000 ~ 85,000 Food/Gold (to a minimum of Free)
See also[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|