“Brilliant Japanese general who conquered almost a third of Japan.”
Historical Description Edit
"Oda Nobunaga (1534-1582) was a brilliant Japanese general who conquered almost a third of Japan. One of the keys to Nobunaga's success was his willingness to embrace new technology. In the critical Battle of Nagashino, Nobunaga's arquebusiers used volley-fire to destroy the enemy cavalry. Although he was betrayed and forced to commit seppuku by one of his own generals, Nobunaga's successors Hideyoshi and Tokugawa would complete the unification of Japan after his death."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Nobunaga can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with Nobunaga. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him/her or for Nobunaga to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill Nobunaga and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, Nobunaga can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Nobunaga to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since Nobunaga will be the only one left alive.
|Level||Castle Level||HP||DPS||Damage Vs. Generals||Range||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||XP Gain|
- +10% HP from Library Leadership research
- +10% HP from Versailles wonder ( +11% with Library Heritage research )
- +30% HP from University leader Hannibal Barca
- +10% DPS from Library Leadership research
- +15% DPS against other generals from Library Leadership research ( means: 7 times DPS instead of 6 )
- -10% upgrade costs from Notre Dame ( -11% with Library Heritage research )
- -10% upgrade costs from University leader Suleiman the Magnificent
- -30% upgrade costs from University leader Hannibal Barca
- -30% upgrade time from University leader Hannibal Barca
- Various Museum item bonuses to HP and DPS
- In 1562 he entered into an alliance with Tokugawa Ieyasua capable daimyo of the neighbouring province of Mikawa (also now in Aichi).
- In 1567 Nobunaga, feeling that he had secured his rear flank, moved his base of operations north to the city of Gifu.
- Nobunaga promoted a new economic policy by abolishing the collection of tolls on the roads and from the guilds, both of which had been privileged sources of income for the local daimyo.
- By the spring of 1582 he had conquered central Japan and was attempting to extend his hegemony over western Japan.
- Nobunaga was wounded during the attack, and, with no chance of escape, he committed seppuku, a form of ritual suicide.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|