“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.”
Nodachi Samurai is a level 7 Japanese unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Samurai and can be upgraded to the Ashigaru. It is researched in a level 6 Armory. It replaces the Halberdier.
General Information Edit
- Nodachi Samurai can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Nodachi Samurai would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Nodachi Samurai can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Nodachi Samurai is weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, samurai has 20% more damage than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
'Nodachi' is a Japanese great sword of four feet or more in length. Such huge weapons are unsuitable for unit combat, as the act of swinging it would tend to decapitate any friendly warriors nearby. Thus, samurai carrying nodachi would be expecting to fight alone (on the ground or from horseback). These would be the most dangerous warriors on the battlefield.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Although they are traditionally thought of as swordsmen, Samurai actually started as elite bowmen. Eventually, as they became a permanent warrior class they also began training and fighting with all kinds of weapons, including yari (spears), different kind of swords like the katana and the no dachi, tanegashima (muskets) and even blunderbusses.
- The Nodachi ("large/great sword") was a Japanese two-handed, single-edged sword that could reach lengths of at least three feet, though the longest have been recorded to reach up to five to six feet in length.
- Nodachi swords were so cumbersome, that the samurai wielding it either had to mount it on a baldric in the back (which prevented a fast draw, crucial in a battlefield) or simply held it and charged into battle.
- Samurai carrying nodachi would be expecting to fight alone (on the ground or from horseback). These would be the most dangerous warriors on the battlefield.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|