“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.”
The Nodachi Samurai is a level 7 Japanese unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Samurai and it can be upgraded to the Ashigaru. It is researched in a level 6 blacksmith. It replaces the halberdier.
- Nodachi Samurai can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Nodachi Samurai would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Nodachi Samurai can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Nodachi Samurai are weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, Nodachi Samurai has 20% more damage than the standard halberdiers they replace.
'Nodachi' is a Japanese great sword of four feet or more in length. Such huge weapons are unsuitable for unit combat, as the act of swinging it would tend to decapitate any friendly warriors nearby. Thus, samurai carrying nodachi would be expecting to fight alone (on the ground or from horseback). These would be the most dangerous warriors on the battlefield.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; Nodachi Samurai can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Nodachi Samurai and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Nodachi Samurai around so the catapult would have to hit each Nodachi Samurai to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Nodachi Samurai as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as arquebusiers to support Nodachi Samurai.
- Nodachi Samurai can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as arquebusiers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Although they are traditionally thought of as swordsmen, Samurai actually started as elite bowmen. Eventually, as they became a permanent warrior class they also began training and fighting with all kinds of weapons, including yari (spears), different kind of swords like the katana and the no dachi, tanegashima (muskets) and even blunderbusses.
- The Nodachi ("large/great sword") was a Japanese two-handed, single-edged sword that could reach lengths of at least three feet, though the longest have been recorded to reach up to five to six feet in length.
- Nodachi swords were so cumbersome, that the samurai wielding it either had to mount it on a baldric in the back (which prevented a fast draw, crucial in a battlefield) or simply held it and charged into battle.
- Samurai carrying nodachi would be expecting to fight alone (on the ground or from horseback). These would be the most dangerous warriors on the battlefield.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|