“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings.”
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
Historical Description Edit
The Phalanx is a tight military formation armed with large shields and extra-long spears, first adopted in the 8th century BC by the Spartans. The front line of the unit locks shields, and several ranks of soldiers are able to thrust their spears over the shield-wall at the enemy. The formation is only effective on flat, open terrain, but when deployed by highly-trained troops, can be devastating against cavalry and other infantry.
Mediterranean: It has bronze armour. This soldier is modelled after the ancient Greek soldier.
North European: Appearance like norse soldier, Iron armour, black belt and leather sleeves.
Oriental: This troop has darker coloured armour, wears a couple of red bands and resembles an ancient chinese warrior.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 4 Garrison can train up Phalanxs to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train Phalanxs without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training Phalanxs would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 1 Ambush Trap deploys Phalanxs when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in Heavy Cavalry.
- Historically, phalanx wasn't a military unit, it was a military formation used by greek hoplites.
- Initially, Roman troops also used the phalanx formation (inherited from the Etruscans, who inherited it from the greeks), but after a number of defeats against the Samnites, it was abandoned in favor of the manipular system.
- Historically, both North European and Asian Nations had a very different style of warfare, and didn't use anything similar to the phalanx formation.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|