“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers has more health.”
Praetorian Fusilier is a level 8 Romans unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Praetorian Guard and can be upgraded to the Alpini. It is researched in a level 7 Armory. It replaces the Fusilier.
General Information Edit
- Praetorian Fusilier can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Praetorian Fusilier would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Praetorian Fusilier can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Praetorian Fusilier is weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Praetorian Fusilier has 25% more health than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
Historical Description Edit
Praetorian Fusiliers did not exist in the real world, the Roman Empire was officially dissolved in 476 C.E, and the Eastern empire, the Byzantines, in 1453 C.E, long before the introduction of gunpowder in Europe. Food for thought though.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Unlike most units, who have a historical basis, this one is purely fictitious, a historical "what if".
- In real life, the Praetorian Guard was disbanded in 312 by Constantine the Great, more than 1000 years prior to the invention of firearms.
- According to description, these troops use matchlock weapons, a very archaic kind of firearm that would have been obsolete in the 18th Century. Real life fusiliers used flintlock weapons instead.
- The overall look of these troops somewhat resembles Napoleon's Imperial Guard.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|