“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers has more health.”
Praetorian Fusilier is a level 8 Romans unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Praetorian Guard and can be upgraded to the Alpini. It is researched in a level 7 Armory. It replaces the Fusilier.
General Information[edit source]
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a Roman unique unit, Praetorian Fusilier has 25% more health than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Praetorian Fusiliers did not exist in the real world, the Roman Empire was officially dissolved in 476 C.E, and the Eastern empire, the Byzantines, in 1453 C.E, long before the introduction of gunpowder in Europe. Food for thought though.
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most units, who have a historical basis, this one is purely fictitious, a historical "what if".
- In real life, the Praetorian Guard was disbanded in 312 by Constantine the Great, more than 1000 years prior to the invention of firearms.
- According to description, these troops use matchlock weapons, a very archaic kind of firearm that would have been obsolete in the 18th Century. Real life fusiliers used flintlock weapons instead.
- The overall look of these troops somewhat resembles Napoleon's Imperial Guard.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|