Ranged Siege is one of two sixth types of troops players can use in the game DomiNations; the other being Supply Vehicles. They're excellent against buildings as a ranged unit, doing more damage than any other troops in the game. However, they are weak against enemy troops due to the fact they are unable to defend themselves. Ranged Siege units are unlocked in the Medieval Age.
General Information Edit
The Ranged Siege's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls). These ranged units do the highest damage of all troops against buildings, making them the nightmare of bases. However, they have disadvantages just like any troop in DomiNations. One thing is that Ranged Siege units are weak against enemy troops since Ranged Siege units only target buildings. Another disadvantage is that Ranged Siege units' range is less than ranged defensive buildings, such as the Tower and the Mortar, making them unable to destroy the buildings before they fall. Ranged Siege units also reload slowly so they can be taken out by ranged defensive buildings easily.
There are no unique unit versions of Ranged Siege yet.
Ranged Siege takes up 10 spaces in a Barracks. They are trained in 16 minutes. They have a range of 5. But they have low durability.
Press [Expand] to see the full table. Level Name Age HP Damage per second Cost Upgrade Cost Upgrade Time Experience Gain 1 Ballista Medieval Age 364 266 5,000 800,000 1d 520 2 Bombard Gunpowder Age 559 352 8,000 3,200,000 2d 760 3 Cannon Enlightenment Age 689 400 11,000 5,800,000 4d 1,115 4 Artillery Industrial Age 819 448 13,500 7,000,000 8d 1,630 5 Howitzer Global Age 943 615 16,000 8,750,000 10d 1,845 6 Field Howitzer Atomic Age 1,086 676 18,500 10,250,000 12d 2,040 7 Heavy Artillery Cold War Age 1,151 717 21,830 15,100,000 13d 2,130 8 Elite Artillery Space Age 1,209 753 25,105 17,000,000 14d 2,220
- Chapter 2: Increases Ranged Siege attack by 10%
- Chapter 2: Decreases Ranged Siege troop space by 1 and increase attack speed by 10%.
- Chapter 5: Ranged Siege attacks +10% faster
- Chapter 4: +10% Barracks Troops' attack and health
- Ranged Siege Damage: +3% Ranged Siege damage (10 levels)
- Ranged Siege Hitpoints: +3% Ranged Siege hitpoints (10 levels)
The Versailles wonder confers these bonuses to the Ranged Siege:
- Hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops: 10%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoint bonus from +10% to +11%.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Since Ranged Siege are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Ranged Siege troops from defensive buildings.
NOTE: When they are fighting on offense they have no splash damage effect and only do less than 50% damage to defenders. Is not advisable to rally on defenders when you have only these troops left
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Ranged Siege are efficient alliance troops that can help defend Town and City Centers. Their high damage can take out a General and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Ranged Siege can also take a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Ranged Siege can also fire over walls against enemy troops, without being attacked by melee units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Ranged Siege the number one donated war troop for defense.
- On the defense, use the Angkor Wat Wonder to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|