“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!”
Royal Chu Ko Nu is a level 5 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit, unlocked in the Medieval Age. It's predecessor is Elite Chu Ko Nu and can be upgraded to Fire Lance. This unit replaces Crossbowman. It is upgraded in level 5 Blacksmith.
General Information[edit source]
- Like all ranged infantry, Royal Chu Ko Nu can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Royal Chu Ko Nu would attack them.
- As a Chinese unique unit, Royal Chu Ko Nu has twice firing speed but lower damage per shot than regular Ranged Infantry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Some troops would carry a composite version of the Chu Ko Nu, giving the weapon bigger punch. Royal Chu Ko Nu saw action as late as the 19th century, when China deployed them in large numbers against the Japanese in the China-Japan war of 1895, where they were handily defeated by the modern rifles and artillery deployed by the Japanese.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Chu ko nu carries Repeating crossbow also known as the Zhuge crossbow.The Chinese repeating crossbow had a maximum range of 120 meters, with an effective range of 80 meters (260 ft).
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- Royal Chu Ko Nu has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Royal Chu Ko Nu.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Royal Chu Ko Nu to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Royal Chu Ko Nu can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Royal Chu Ko Nu behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- Royal Chu Ko Nu can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|