“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Royal Companion is a level 2 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Classical Age. Its predecessor is Companion, and it can be upgraded to Heavy Royal Companion. It is researched in a level 4 Blacksmith. It replaces Cataphract.
General Information[edit source]
- Royal Companion is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The Royal Companions were the premier Macedonian cavalry unit. Commanded by Alexander himself and composed of Alexander's most trusted friends and soldiers, this was perhaps the deadliest single cavalry unit in the ancient world. In battle Alexander led this unit in a wedge formation with himself at the pointy end and thus the first to smash into the enemy. Chosen Companions also formed the elite guard of the king (Somatophylakes).
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- Royal Companion has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Royal Companion is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Royal Companion and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Royal Companion units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Royal Companion would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Royal Companion will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- Royal Companion is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Royal Companion units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Historically, Companions wore Boeotian helmets rather than the Galea helmet (a Roman helmet) they wear in the game. They also wore a bronze muscle cuirass, linothorax (linen upper body armor), and shoulder guards.
- Historically, Companions didn't use shields.
- The shield they carry has a lambda sign (which represented Sparta), stamped on it. Historically though, Sparta didn't use cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|