“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
Saint-Chamond Tank (abbreviated to St. Chamond) is a level 6 French unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Industrial Age. Its predecessor is Hussar and can be upgraded to R-35 Tank. It is researched in level 8 Armory. It is the French version of the Tank.
General Information Edit
- Saint-Chamond Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 4 minutes and 40 seconds which is 70 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (5 minutes and 50 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The French St. Chamond was a heavy tank produced during First World War. Introduced in 1917, the model started its career as a failure, underpowered and with bad tracks. At the beginning of 1918, a new revised model was released. While the preferred combat vehicle of the French Army was the Renault FT, the St. Chamond had active participation on the last final allied offensives.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Saint-Chamond Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Saint-Chamond Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Saint-Chamond Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Saint-Chamond Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Saint-Chamond Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Saint-Chamond Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Saint-Chamond Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Saint-Chamond Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Over 400 St-Chamond tanks were manufactured for the French forces during WWI. The tank's original design was slightly flawed, as its tracks were much shorter than the length of the tank. Eventually, these tanks would be phased out and replaced by British heavy tanks.
- At level 21+, Napoleon rides a St-Chamond Tank, rather than his horse.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|