“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.”
Samurai is a level 5 Japanese unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Bushi and can be upgraded to the Heavy Samurai. It is researched in a level 4 Blacksmith. It replaces the Phalanx.
General Information Edit
- Samurai can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Samurai would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Samurai can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Samurai is weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, samurai has 20% more damage than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
The Samurai are recognized as some of the best warriors in world history. While they were excellently trained and armed, their potency is also a result of the Samurai's death-embracing philosophy: "Bushido is realized in the presence of death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. There is no other reasoning. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
the samurai can be seen wearing a conical hat and a red metal armor that partially covers the shirt he wears sandals pants and a belt
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Samurai were an elite warrior class in ancient japan, roughly with the same status and purpose as knights in feudal Europe.
- Samurai were ruled by a code called Bushido.
- Although they are traditionally thought of as swordsmen, Samurai actually started as elite bowmen. Eventually, as they became a permanent warrior class they also began training and fighting with all kinds of weapons, including yari (spears), different kind of swords like the katana and the no dachi (a very long sword), tanegashima (muskets) and even blunderbusses.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|