“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings.”
Shock Infantry is the level 9 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age. Its predecessor is the Fusilier and it can be upgraded to Assault Infantry. It is researched in a level 8 Armory.
General Information Edit
- Shock Infantry can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Shock Infantry would attack the closest building in front of them but will fight back when attacked by an enemy troop.
- Shock Infantry can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Shock Infantry are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
Shock Infantry are soldiers in formations that are created to lead an attack. They are often better trained and equipped than other infantry, and expected to take heavy casualties even in successful operations.
Mediterranean: A generic WWI/Boer War uniform is worn, the standard tan colour. The soldier has a backpack, purple armbands (?) sunglasses and wields a high-caliber rifle with a bi-pod.
North European: Wears a German WWI uniform digingishable by Stielhandgranate and m1907 Field cap. While also having a cliché moustache (which was really common in the trenches!) They appear to have a standard bolt-action rifle.
Oriental: Shares similarities with Russian, and later Soviet troops in uniform, with a standard felt cap like in the First World War. He appears to carry an Anti-Tank Rifle, or some rifle with bi-pod.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 8 Garrison can train up Shock Infantry to help defend the village from attackers. Position the garrison inside your walls (with gates nearby for outside access). That way, the garrison can train Shock Infantry without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training Shock Infantry would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 5 Ambush Trap deploys Shock Infantry when triggered by nearby enemy troops. It is recommended that you place these traps in areas where your enemies are likely to deploy heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|