General Information Edit
- Spearman can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Spearman would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Spearman can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Spearman is weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
The spear is one of the earliest tools utilized by humanity's forebears, with archaeological evidence going back a half million years give or take a few millennia. Although used primarily for hunting in prehistory, spears were undoubtedly turned against other humans in the dawn of war.
Has red-brown hair and beard, with a brown kilt and shoulder strap, as well as large brown armbands and open-toed boots.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Spears are not only used by humans but by chimpanzees as well. Chimpanzees near Kédougou, Senegal have been observed to create spears by breaking straight limbs off trees, stripping them of their bark and side branches, and sharpening one end with their teeth. They then used the weapons to hunt galagos sleeping in hollows.
- Along with the knife, axe, and the club; the spear is one of the earliest weapons used by mankind.
- Today; there are many types of spears; such as lances, pikes, and pilums.
- The spear was meant to be thrown, but in DomiNations, the spear is whacked against buildings.
- The spear they carry seem to be entirely made of wood.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|