“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Stradioti is a level 5 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is Elite Royal Companion and can be upgraded to Companion Tank. It is researched in level 7 Armory. It replaces the Cuirassier.
General Information Edit
- Stradioti is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The Stradioti were pioneers of light cavalry tactics during their era and served as elite cavalry mercenaries from the Balkans recruited mainly by states of southern and central Europe from the 15th century until the middle of the 18th century.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Stradioti has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Stradioti is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Stradioti and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Stradioti units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Stradioti would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Stradioti will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Stradioti is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Stradioti units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Real life stradiotis looked extremely different than they do in game. The game version is a fantasy unit resembling a "Hellenic cuirassier"
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|