“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
The Stradioti is the level 5 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked at the Enlightenment Age and replaces the Cuirassier. Its predecessor is the Elite Royal Companion and can be upgraded to the Companion Tank. It is researched at a level 7 Blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Stradiotis are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- As a Greek unique unit, the Stradioti has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- The Stradioti is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The Stradioti were pioneers of light cavalry tactics during thier era and served as elite cavalry mercenaries from the Balkans recruited mainly by states of southern and central Europe from the 15th century until the middle of the 18th century.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Stradiotis have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Stradiotis are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, Stradiotis can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Cannon Towers can destroy Stradiotis easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the cannon tower is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Stradiotis and a veteran wall sapper. When attacking, deploy a veteran wall sapper and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your Stradiotis in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your Stradiotis to destroy the Town Center.
- Stradiotis would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the stradioti, the stradioti will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the stradioti distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as musketeers or heavy infantry such as fusiliers after deploying the stradiotis to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Stradiotis are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Real life stradiotis looked extremely different than they do in game. The game version is a fantasy unit resembling a "hellenic cuirassier"
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|