“Tomoe Gozen deals immense cone damage with her naginata, decimating enemy troops! When Gozen's hitpoints are reduced to 0, she will dismount her horse, fully regaining her health!”
General Information Edit
Historical Description Edit
According to the Tale of the Heike, Japan’s great feudal war epic, the warrior Tomoe Gozen was worth a thousand ordinary soldiers. She fought for Minamoto no Yoshinaka in the twelfth-century Genpei War, a conflict between the aristocratic Taira and rough rural Minamoto clans. While most women trained with the naginata polearm and only fought on defense, Tomoe wielded a sword and bow as she accompanied Minamoto on campaign.
Her most famous incident occurred at the Battle of Awazu in 1184. Yoshinaka’s heavily outnumbered forces had been scattered and reduced to a mere handful, with the redoubtable Tomoe being one of the surviving few. When the general ordered her to flee, she reluctantly agreed to do so, but only after slaying a renowned enemy warrior in single combat. Accounts differ as to her final fate: she may have ended up a Buddhist nun, or walked into the sea and drowned. She is remembered in modern Japan as a paragon of loyalty and valor.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Tomoe Gozen can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with Tomoe Gozen. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him/her or for Tomoe Gozen to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill Tomoe Gozen and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, Tomoe Gozen can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Tomoe Gozen to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since Tomoe Gozen will be the only one left alive.
|Level||Hitpoints||DPS||DPS against Generals||On Death||Tomoe Gozen (Dismounted)|
|Tomoe Gozen (Dismounted)|
|Tomoe Gozen (Dismounted)|
DPS against Generals
|1||Tomoe Gozen (Dismounted)||1|
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|