“deploy Paratroopers onto the battlefield from above. Paratroopers do not cause enemy defenders to spawn. Tap anywhere to designate the drop location. Transports must wait to load more troops before they can be re-deployed.”
Transports airplane's AI is to fly to the target area from the nearest perimeter, drop Paratroopers, and then fly back to where it came from. It can be used repeatedly through the battle if it is not destroyed. Though it will take a few moment cooldown, before the Transports airplane can be deployed again.
Transports airplane takes 3 Air Space. It has 30s deployment cooldown (without upgrade) and deploys 3 Paratroopers at the target area each time it runs.
The Paratroopers, once deployed, will attack the nearest building. Against Town Centers, they deal 85% less damage.
They won't trigger most enemy defenders to spawn; they only spawn the following: Generals, troops via hidden traps, and troops spawned via the signal flare). For clarity sake, they do trigger all traps.
From Heavy Transports above, Transports deploy Airborne Infantries instead of Paratroopers; this is only a name change.
|Name||Age||Airstrip Level||HP||Paratroopers / Airborne Infantry|
|Paratroopers / Airborne Infantry|
DPS vs Town Center
|Paratroopers HP||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||XP Gain|
|Transport Mk.1||Global Age||3||3,540||500||75||3,250||455||-||-||-|
|Heavy Transport Mk.1||Atomic Age||4||4,764||1,095||164||4,355||670||210,000||7d||1,515|
|Heavy Transport Mk.2||4,992||1,128||169||4,563||700||220,000|
|Heavy Transport Mk.3||5,220||1,170||175||4,771||735||230,000|
|Heavy Transport Mk.4||5,484||1,205||180||5,010||770||235,000|
|Heavy Transport Mk.5||5,760||1,243||186||5,260||810||240,000|
|Heavy Transport Mk.6||6,048||1,278||191||5,522||850||245,000|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.1||Cold War Age||5||6,350||1,343||201||5,798||875||250,000||7d 12h||1,575|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.2||6,653||1,405||210||6,075||900||255,000|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.3||6,955||1,470||220||6,351||935||260,000|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.4||7,303||1,544||231||6,668||965||265,000||8d||1,630|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.5||7,668||1,622||243||7,001||990|
|Reinforced Transport Mk.6||8,052||1,704||255||7,350||1,020|
|Strategic Transport Mk.1||Space Age||6||8,657||1,798||269||7,746||875||270,000||8d 12h||?|
|Strategic Transport Mk.2||8,879||1,884||282||7,824||900|
|Strategic Transport Mk.3||9,323||1,965||294||8,042||935|
|Strategic Transport Mk.4||9,790||2,060||309||8,296||965||275,000||?|
|Strategic Transport Mk.5||10,279||2,158||323||8,427||990|
|Strategic Transport Mk.6||10,794||2,255||338||8,615||1,020|
|Advanced Transport Mk.1||Digital Age||7||?||?||?||?||1,060||280,000||9d||1,900|
|Advanced Transport Mk.2||14,568?||3,228?||484?||12,486?||1,005|
|Advanced Transport Mk.3||15,144?||3,364?||504?||10,448?||1,050|
|Advanced Transport Mk.4||?||?||?||?||1,100||285,000|
|Advanced Transport Mk.5||?||?||?||?||1,150|
|Advanced Transport Mk.6||13,500||2,890||433||9,860||1,200|
- Chapter 5 : Increases Aircraft health by 10%.
- Chapter 1 : +10% Transports hitpoints.
- Chapter 2 : Reduces Transports deployment cooldown by 1 second.
- Chapter 3 : +10% Paratrooper hitpoints.
- Chapter 4 : +10% Paratrooper attack.
- Chapter 5 : Reduces Transports deployment cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Aircraft Upgrade Cost: -5% upgrade resource costs for Aircraft (5 levels).
- Paratrooper Damage: Increases damage of Paratroopers by 3% (10 levels).
- Transports Hitpoints: Increases hitpoints of Transport aircraft by 3% (10 levels).
- Destroying anti-tank guns early in a battle; they are the biggest threat to a paratrooper.
- Although paratroopers trigger all traps, they do not trigger other defensive buildings that spawn troops. This makes the Shuttle's Scan tactic useful with Transport; mainly to trigger signal flares and SAMs.
- The Aztec offensive coalition affects paratroopers; as paratroopers are seen as barrack troops.
- The Weapon and Armor blessings affect paratroopers in multiplayer; but paratroopers do not cause those blessings to expire. So, you can keep those blessings active by not dropping barrack troops, such as Infantry.
- In war, a useful strategy is to destroy the Town Center (TC) first with paratroopers. Because they do 85% less damage against the TC, an Assault Rally and/or Recon plane and/or Strength of Gladiator can help accomplish TC destruction quicker. Ideally drop them as to not cause Generals to spawn.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|