“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Leopard 1A1 Tank is a level 11 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Space Age. Its predecessor is Leopard-Panzer and can be upgraded to Honored Leopard Tank. It is researched in level 12 Armory. It replaces the MBT Mk3.
General Information[edit source]
- Veteran Leopard Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The Leopard 1A1 was a main battle tank developed in West Germany to defend against the threat of Soviet invasion. The prevailing wisdom in 1965 was that high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) rounds rendered thick armor obsolete, thus the Leopard was designed for structural stability and mobility. The Leopard featured torsion bar suspension and an advanced gun-stabilization system that enabled it to fire reliably while moving. Propelled by an 819 horsepower engine, the Leopard 1A1 could reach speeds of 40mph and climb slopes of up to sixty degrees. The Leopard quickly earned a reputation of unparalleled cross-country performance and became the standard main battle tank for all but two European NATO countries.
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- Veteran Leopard Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Veteran Leopard Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Veteran Leopard Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Veteran Leopard Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Veteran Leopard Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Veteran Leopard Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- Veteran Leopard Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Veteran Leopard Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Leopard Tank is a German tank, but players whose bases are German do not have access to this tank.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|