“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Volksgrenadier is the level 10 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Global Age. Its predecessor is the Wehrmacht and can be upgraded to the Bundeswehr. It is researched in a level 9 Armory. It replaces Assault Infantry.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Volksgrenadier have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
Volkgrenadier Infantry divisions were created to resolve issues with minimal German manpower after heavy losses in mid-1944. These divisions only used six-line infantry battalions instead of the normal nine-line battalions. They relied more on the short-range firepower of sub-machines, light automatic weapons and anti-tank weaponry like the Panzerfaust.
- The Volksgrenadier appears to be wearing a Stahlhelm and a trench coat usually assigned to officers or the members of the SS. He also appears to have stick grenades and is equipped with a German-made Solothurn S-18/100 Anti-Tank Rifle. he also appears to have a band where swastika symbol used to be printed.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- The Volksgrenadier is probably chosen as the name of the German unique unit of the Global Age because it is also the name of the German Modern Age unique unit of the game; Rise of Nations, which is developed by the same company as DomiNations.
- The Volksgrenadier is designed to defend homeland.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|