Wall Breachers are the fifth type of Troop to use for the player in DomiNations. Sapper’s are used for destroying Walls to open up compartments for an army to attack. They're unlocked in the Classical Age.
General Information Edit
The standard Wall Breachers' A.I. is to attack the closest Wall as possible. After destroying a Wall, sapper’s attack the closest Building but would do little damage. Their advantage is that they can do large amounts of damage against the target Wall segment as well as its adjacent Wall segments. Their disadvantages are that they can do little damage against enemy Troops and Buildings.
There are no unique units of Sapper’s and there possibly won't be any of them in the future.
Historical Description Edit
Obstacles, whether they be man-made or natural, have always been a problem for invading armies. One solution was to use soldiers who were experts in construction and demolition to clear a path for the advancing army. Be it a river, wall, or minefield, engineers can find a way.
- Troop space: 4
- Strength: Powerful one-time attack against Walls
- Weakness: Direct combat
|Level||Default Troops||Age||HP||DPS||DPS vs. Walls||Explosion Radius||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||XP Gain|
|1||Wall Miner||Classical Age||700||54||7,182||1||1,000||160,000||12h||-|
|2||Veteran Wall Miner||Medieval Age||800||60||12,000||2,000||480,000||1d||520|
|3||Wall Sapper||Gunpowder Age||1,000||78||15,600||2||3,000||1,920,000||2d||760|
|4||Veteran Wall Sapper||Enlightenment Age||1,200||84||16,800||4,000||3,900,000||4d||1,115|
|6||Combat Engineer||Global Age||1,610||119||23,800||6,000||6,500,000||10d||1,845|
|7||Veteran Combat Engineer||Atomic Age||1,900||165||33,000||7,000||7,500,000||12d||2,040|
|8||Elite Combat Engineer||Cold War Age||2,014||175||35,000||8,260||8,500,000||13d||2,130|
|9||Valiant Combat Engineer||Space Age||2,115||196||39,200||9,499||13,000,000||14d||2,220|
- Chapter 1: Increases Wall Breachers health by 10%
- Chapter 4: +30% Wall Breachers attack
- Chapter 4: +10% Barracks Troops' attack (or Healing) and health
The Versailles wonder confers these bonuses to the Wall Breachers:
- Hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops: 10%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoint bonus from +10% to +11%.
- Try to use two Wall Breachers to destroy one Wall. That way, if one dies before it can destroy a Wall, the second can destroy the Wall since it used the first as a distraction.
- If a base has multiple compartments, it is suggested to bring many Wall Breachers to break them.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|