“These specialized troops bring equipment suitable for one very powerful attack against enemy walls, breaking open a gap in the enemy defenses so your other troops can advance.”
General Information[edit | edit source]
- When deployed on the field, Wall Miners will run to the nearest wall section protecting a building and deal a large amount of damage to it.
- After destroying a wall, Wall Miners would attack the closest building but would do little damage.
- Wall Miners aren't good against buildings and enemy troops and can be killed easily.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The presence of this unit in the game reflects a real-world tactic often used from the ancient age through the modern age. During sieges, if the fortifications were not built over solid rock formations, the assaulters would dig improvised tunnels underground from their camp position in the direction of the enemy's wall fortifications. Once there, the miners would try to "undermine" the wall's foundations, intending to destroy them from underground. This kind of indirect attack was somewhat dangerous to the digging soldiers, because of the constant danger of some section of the tunnel (or the whole thing) collapsing onto them before they could exit safely. Also, there was the danger of the defenders storming the tunnelers from inside or demolishing the exits, trapping and essentially dooming the sappers.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Try to use two Wall Miners to destroy one wall. That way, if one Wall Miner dies before it can destroy a wall, the second Wall Miner can destroy the wall since it used the first Wall Miner as a distraction.
- If a base has multiple compartments, it is suggested to bring many Wall Miners to break them.
- If attempting to use Wall Miners to rush a fortified position, put down your other troops (such as infantry and heavy cavalry) first. Drop the miner afterward, and then use the rally command - the other troops will shield the miner long enough for it to destroy the wall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|