“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Wehrmacht is the level 9 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age. Its predecessor is the Junker and it can be upgraded to Volksgrenadier. It is researched in a level 8 Armory. It replaces Shock Infantry.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Wehrmacht have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
The Wehrmacht were the unified armed forces of Germany from 1935-1946.They were most known for their lightning fast offence,called the Blitzkrieg.They would simultaneously mobilize infantry,armored vehicles,and close cover air support to overwhelm their enemies.
A Wehrmacht soldier is seen wearing a gray uniform with a Pickelhaube and gas mask and carrying a rifle, all typical of a German soldier in the early years of World War I.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Despite being named "Wehrmacht" in game, this title was only the official designation of the German Army during World War 2. A more accurate term would be "Deutsches Heer" for the World War 1 era German Military, or "Reichswehr" for the Military that served from 1919-1935 Another term would be “Sturmtruppen“ served 1916-1918. The elites of World War 1.
- The Wehrmacht were the unified armed forces of Nazi Germany that served during the Second World War. This army was an elite army and one of the best soldier in the world war,outmatched red army and US marine in quality and technology.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|