- 1 General Description
- 2 War Overview
- 3 War Base Gallery
- 4 Friday Night Fights
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- 6 DomiNations Alliance Tournaments
- 7 Trivia
General Description 
World War is a feature that was added in the Version 3.0.150 update. It allows demonstration of your Alliance by waging war against rivals to stake your territorial claim on World Map. Construct a Command Post to pack full of loot as you reap the spoils of war. Design a war base and save multiple unique layouts to test your might. Conquer the globe on an epic scale with matchmaking up to 50 VS 50.
To be part of the World War, you'll need to have these prerequisites:
- At Iron Age or above
- In an Alliance of 10 or more members
- Build a Command Post
- Tap on Store
- Tap on Army tab
- Select Command Post
- Opt into battle (default is set to On)
- Go to your Alliance Gate and tap the gate
- Tap Alliance button
- Tap on the "WAR" button and make sure it's green
Starting a World War
Only leaders and co-leaders can start a World War
- At the home base view, tap on the War button (to the right of the Battle/Peace Treaty button)
- Tap "Begin New War"
- In the combatant selection screen, tap on the number of members you want in the war
- Wars start with a size of 10, 20, 30 or 50 members.
- Tap on Start Search
- You will be paired with a team with a similar makeup
World War is a two-day struggle between two alliances for global domination. The alliance that earns the most stars will be victorious. Earn some loot immediately during battles and acquire bonus war loot for winning battles at the end of the war. If both alliances tie, then the one with the highest average destruction wins.
Donate troops and troop tactics to War Bases for extra defense during the entire war. War Bases defend using the same buildings found in your town. They can be arranged separately and keep the resources in your town completely safe during a war. During this time you can alter your base, donate troops, form offensive and defensive coalitions, & research at the library and blacksmith.
Combatants make their two best attacks against the enemy alliance. You cannot use both attacks on the same base, but two different people can attack the same base. Earning stars is important! Wonder replacements, revolutions, and editing your War Base during War Day will not take effect until the next war. Building under upgrade will be available at pre-upgraded level during world war.
War attacks do not affect medals or peace treaties. Blessings in your town have no effect on War Bases or war attacks. The highest level General will automatically defend the Castle on a War Base. When you attack, you can keep the loot you get, but as a defender, you never risk your own treasures earned elsewhere in the game.
Once the war is over, there is a five-minute grace period to allow any active battles to be completed. Your war loot will be delivered to your Command Post after the grace period. The winning alliances will receive all of their war loot. The losing alliance only receives a small portion for their efforts. You can see a detailed view of the war by hitting the report button.
If there is a tie in stars, the tie will be broken by the highest average destruction. If there is a tie in average destruction then the tie will be broken by the faster average battle speed. If there is a tie in that then 100% loot is given to each alliance(?).
War Base Gallery
Friday Night Fights
In 2021 a new feature was added, Friday Night Fights. This feature allows to sign in using a form to ask to match against a specific alliance for a specific "Round" of a "Season".
The guts may be fake, but the glory is real; declare WAR against any alliance you choose in a forced match! You pick your opponent; you select your war size; you control any war limitations you want to use. Every two weeks BHG will match actual alliances for real wars during each Season of Friday Night Fights. Share the excitement of your battle in the #fight-night channel and earn some extra in game rewards!
|Season 1||Round 1||03/25/2021 16:00 UTC|
|Season 1||Round 2||04/08/2021 17:00 UTC|
|Season 1||Round 3||04/22/2021 17:00 UTC|
Tips and Tricks
- The World War alliances are matched base on (a) similar total combatants' "strength" (b) similar Glory count, total strength is the total attacking and defensing score of a member, similar to levels of a player.
- It's best to let the people with the highest level of Ranged Siege to donate to all war bases, since it's ranged and has area effect.
- Combined with Angkor Watt, the artillery inside the Town center is almost invincible, which make the WW harder than hell. You can always use barrage (higher than level 3) and betrayal to get rid of those instant killing cannons with a area effect. Using sabotage on the TC can stop troop spawning - if the tactic wears out and the TC is still alive, it will spawn the troops.
- Donate to your Alliance members both in the War Map and Alliance Chat. It's best for high age players to donate to the lower age players if the alliance is not at level 10.
- Donate troop tactics to make it harder for the enemy.
- Scout (visit) enemy bases to get an idea of their defenses during planning.
- Spy enemy Technology, Great Leaders, and Artifacts to get an idea of their defensive and offensive style. Research Spy Report from Harriet Tubman in University to use it on enemy with the same sorting number.
- Attack opponents in your age or level range.
- You can only attack an opponent once.
- Peace Treaties and Blessings have no effect in World War.
Make sure to attack with a full army, tactics and troops tactics if needed. If you formed offensive coalition(s), then don't forget to deploy them too.
- You can have 3 different War Base templates. Experiment with a variety of layouts until you find the one that best suits you!
- Don't idle during combat! The game will become inactive and it will be considered a defeat.
- The winning alliance will receive 100% loot, the losing one will get ~30?%, so if your alliance knows it will lose, you can focus high level enemies for a bigger loot.
- Connecting roads increases the Health of a Town Center and thereby your defense, however you will need more space and walls for that, build up tactically.
- If there are no bases that you are capable of getting stars on, loot (getting a victory on a base for the intentions of taking the win loot) other bases if you can.
DomiNations Alliance Tournaments
A tournament in which alliances are required to submit photos (screenshots) of their previous and current world wars to compete against other alliances. A group of alliances will fight each other within an organized structure in order to get a general idea of the skill level of each alliance. This structure involves the creation of a bracket in which alliances engage each other in battles until only one alliance remains.
More information at DNations Ally Wars Tournaments page.
0SH is a player initiative that prescribes:
- No Troop Tactics in Strongholds.
- No Elephant Archer/Siege in attacks except in the presence of Bazooka Sentry/Tower.
Alliances which pledge to abide by these rules include “0SH” in the Alliance Description. A War opponent is expected to follow the same rules in a match with honor.
- There is a 5 minutes cool down between world wars to allow any ongoing attacks to end, a second war can be started right away after the five-minute grace period.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|